Thames walk and radios

 We went for a walk carrying all of the portable kit. In the end I didn't make any contacts, listened to some and tested the two UHF/VHF antennas I was carrying for reception. 

There was reasonable activity around 145MHz until 12:00, then it got a lot quiet. On the way back we didn't hear anyone at all.

I'm not happy with Baofeng, its transmit button is trigger happy and the lock button doesn't lockout TX, meaning I can't happily bang it into my jacket's pocket, I'm constantly worried that it triggers by touching something and creating unnecessary QRM.

I'm happy with the backpack we've got, I just need to optimise what I am carrying and make it easier and quicker to unpack and re-pack. It's still a struggle.

Popular posts from this blog

Bicycle Wheel Mag Loop

Today wasn't that bad

Antenna analyzer - ordered