Day off - random wire test

Cloudy but what a beautiful day!

I had the day off but Ms B was working so I went up the hill again with the equipment, spent most of the day tinkering and relaxing. It was a beautiful day. 

Way too much equipment to carry around. I didn't learn my lesson.

So I had two poles, the satellite hand-held-yagi, two pairs of wire antennas (end fed & random), one slim-jim for the 6m, coffee, water, two ATUs and other assorted equipment that might be useful.

This was also the first time I used my MFJ random wire tuner (almost after 15y!) and our latest random wire antenna. It worked flawlessly. I could make contacts in 40 and 20, and hear plenty on the rest of the bands. The wire is measured to be usable in all bands 40m up. This was beyond my expectations.





Finally I did some FT8 work on 6m, strong SSB signals received too.
A ladder to the heavens

The antenna was definitely working and there was a 6m opening, I could be heard from South Europe loud and clear.


So after this packed up and went back home.




Popular posts from this blog

Bicycle Wheel Mag Loop

Today wasn't that bad

Antenna analyzer - ordered