Brecon Beacons walk

Today I might have destroyed my feet, but it was a nice day out.

Ms. B and I went for a long walk, 14km, 8h walk up the Brecon mountains on very rocky paths.

I had a massive 10kg+ backpack with all radio equipment, water and food. It was one of the hottest days of the year, literally in the middle of a heath wave.

I love this view

I also had brand new walking boots which literally destroyed my feet. After 7w they're still just healing and as I walk it hurts very badly. 

Another sheep wants to become a Radio Sheep, very interested in our equipment.

We set up for picnic at 1 after 3h of climbing and walking. We played with the radio for an hour, made some 6m FT8 work, I yelled for CQ on 2m FM but didn't hear anyone replying although I could hear the occasional contact someone else was making.

As we walked around the mountain ridge then we realised how long our path is. As we came down I realised we weren't anywhere near the end of the path but at the middle yet, and we had run out of water, overheating and my feet were already destroyed.

Finally we managed to come back and slept through the next day. 

Popular posts from this blog

Bicycle Wheel Mag Loop

Today wasn't that bad

Antenna analyzer - ordered