When I was demonstrating Ms B how to measure and build a dipole I did't realise it'd dominate my usage! This was before we built the 20m which also made a massive impact. It also helped that we had built the dipole just as 10 openings were starting. Right now in early September 10m and 6m are slowly dying so 20 is truly dominating my ratings. It is still the 2nd most popular band here.
It's hard to see but there's a 9-band HF/VHF/UHF antenna tied to the back of the bike. In the end I didn't use this, just used a 2/70cm dual bander, that worked well too. Then on Sunday's ride we chained Ms B's bike onto a rail and then I realised I left the keys at home - 70 miles away. That was my day on the bank holiday Monday.
My data cable for the Yaesus has arrived! Ordered from Ebay, manufactured by another amateur in the UK (I literally have zero free time at the moment apart from the weekends and that's usually used mending my mental status and a bit of exercise & shopping. I have no idea who this person is, but the kit looks really good. The seller is called XGGCOOMS. Here is his Ebay shop --> https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/XGGCOMMS The cable has USB interface for /dev/tty and also a solidly done audio connections. I have ordered a separate two-to-one cable adapter as well so that I can use it on all of my laptops w/o hindrance. I'm still waiting for that cable to arrive to be operational but this is quite a good start.