Motorbike Mobile

 

So,  finally I had a day off.

I had a fake Nagoya RB-46 off China in late December. So I finally mounted it on the bike and took my Watson MultiRanger 9 and another fake Nagoya antenna out on my LT.


Then I had my MFJ tuner and the FT-818 on a padded bicycle bag, and the microphone plugged on a 2m-long cable. I dropped the mic at some point (and straight into the mud!) but at least I didn't break a thing this time. I grounded the antenna and the radio to the bike - but couldn't put a stake for additional grounding. I hope that will happen the next time.

  


Not bad? I put the UV-5R and the FT-65R into one of the glove boxes and took it out for a ride, aprox 30 miles in total. The antenna held just fine. Let's see how it works in the long run. Also it worked and tuned great in 40 and 20m. Next time I'll also try 6m.



Popular posts from this blog

Bicycle Wheel Mag Loop

Today wasn't that bad

Antenna analyzer - ordered